I don’t know about anyone else but when I discovered I was pregnant I bought the whole of the baby ailse out of excitement! I had every product going as well as a selection of other bits which it transpires I didn’t even NEED!
So after spending a day cleaning out Nandys room I decided to write a little post of those “must have” buys for life with a baby.
Now everyone has their own preferences so I must stress is important you find what works for you and your baby. Most people know that Nandy suffers from eczema so we are very limited on the products which we can use on his skin.
Below are some of the must have items which I could not have lived without these past 7 months
1. Lanisoh Breast pads / nipple cream and breast milk bags – Because I breastfeed I couldn’t live without these products in the early days especially.
2. Kokoso baby – coconut oil – perfect for his face as it gets so dry!
3. Vaseline – we have been using this recently to target dry skin and rash around his mouth from teething and its worked wonders!
4. Sudocream – This is our go to nappy rash cream, Nandy doesn’t really suffer from nappy rash, but when he gets sore I just slather some of this on and its gone within hours!
5. Snufflebabe products – Nandy has always been rather snuffly so these nasal drops and sprays have been a godsend as we were able to use them from an early age. We have recently started to use the rub on his baby grow to help him breathe easier at night.
6. Waterwipes – With Nandy having eczema we have to be careful about what we put on his skin and I’m so glad we always used these wipes from when he was born, they are so natural and just fantastic and don’t have perfumed nasty smell.
7. Aldi Mamia nappy bags – we used to have the nappy disposal system but the cartridges were expensive to replace so we switched to nappy bags, the Aldi ones are cheap and so effective!!
8. Dentinox products – we absolutely swear by dentinox cradle cap shampoo and its been a lifesaver for his head, for some reason I can’t seem to buy it anywhere now! Dentinox teething gel is also the best we’ve found, weve tried a number of teething gels but this one seems to work the best.
I would seriously recommend you do what is right for you and your baby and it takes time to find those perfect products, but you will.
I’d love to hear about your ideal products, so leave us a comment!