I can’t just throw a party – it’s not in my nature. I always have to have a pinterestable party, one with a theme. I love to plan parties! I don’t know why I’m not a wedding planner or party planner by profession! I think it’s my creative and artistic side coming out. I like to be crafty, make things look nice and piece things together into a well considered theme.
For my wedding we got married in Africa so we had a zebra themed after party back in the UK with tasteful hints of zebra print and black and white mono theme. We even had zebra print on the cupcakes!
For my 30th birthday we did a masquerade ball theme in my favourite colours of deep purple, silver and black. All the gents wore a tux and masks and the ladies ball gowns. It was a real do and I loved every minute!!
I’m hoping to pull off a similar style for Nandys’ first birthday, a beach party! Because he was born in July we hope he will always be blessed with sunshine on his birthday (gulp)! I got searching on Pinterest straight away and started pinning some epic ideas!
- There will be inflatables such as beach balls, whales and fish.
- Sandpit and paddling pools – lots of garden games and perhaps water guns for the older kids!
- Beach themed photo props – we managed to source this one from an online party shop for the toddlers and children to pose in! A cool surfer!
- 12 month photo banner – showcasing a photo from the 27th of each month for the last year!
- Balloons – in primary colours on weights around the garden to brighten it up!
- Suncream & Towel station (praying for great weather!!!)
- Healthy food and as beach themed as possible! Again taking lots of Pinterest ideas with things like rainbow jelly boats, watermelon on sticks, fruit salad skewers and sandwiches punched into the shape of whales!
- The cake will also be based around a beach theme and it is being made by my mum! She has some ideas already such as a beach in the top of it made out of sugar and a surfboard!
- Not forgetting the beach themed non-alcoholic cocktails and cocktails for the parents!
- Instead of bags I decided we would give each child a bucket filled with sweets, cake, crayons, sand moulds, toys, bubbles, sunglasses and mini inflatable beach balls!
- The music playing will be beach themed and I’ve already started purchasing the songs such as beach boys – surfin USA!